Cat Liter

 


So I was at work at the office that me and my business partners were using as an office until we got office space, and I was filling in request's for one of our main clients and I remember it being pretty much the end of the day and quitting time anyway when I got a text from one of my neighbor's that read Don't forget about my party tonight. The text also included the location. It was a new seafood restaurant in town that she hung out at a lot. I gathered my things and packed up and let my business partner know that I was leaving for the day. Since the restaurant was within walking distance from my apartment I decided to park my car at my apartment complex parking lot, and walk to the restaurant where the party would be held. This was my first time at this restaurant but I heard a lot of great things about it so I was a little bit excited. I did have a feeling it was going to be a little bit pricier than the bar and grills in the area that I would typically hang out at with this particular neighbor, and I was right. 


I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant while sitting at the bar talking with my neighbor and some of her friends which were people she knew from work or just by living in San Antonio. Some of the people were also tenant's in the apartment complex that me and my neighbor lived in. Not only was I having a nice time talking with some of my neighbors friends and people from the complex and surrounding people, but I was also finding recruits for a client that needed people to work for them at a particular location in town. So a lot of handing out of business cards was going on as well. I ended up striking up a conversation with a woman that lived in the complex that I also saw at the apartment complex Christmas party that past December. She was talking about my dance moves at the party. I think she was trying to hit on me, There was something that happened in the early hours of that past new years morning that made me think she was interested as well. However we got on the subject of my cat Tiger. I was telling her that I got him from my business partner who couldn't keep him for various reasons.

I was showing her and a few other friends of my neighbor who was sitting nearby a couple of video's that my business partner had sent me of Tiger when he had him and he was just a kitten. She loved the videos and we began talking about her cat.  I was sipping on this drink called walk the plank (sort of a martini type of drink, a good example of this drink would be like a Martini only it is this blueish greenish color). We somehow got on the subject of kitty liter and she recommended a kitty liter that was basically just wood chips. She said she pay's more money for it but it is so worth it because it smells better.

So the next day I set out to find this wood chip kitty liter. I was wanting to find this kitty liter because I was curious and I really didn't like the smell of what I was already using (the kitty liter that everyone uses). When the cat did use the bathroom in the liter box it just made everything smell worse. Seeing as I still had a relatively new business with my business partner naturally I didn't want to pay a lot of money for it. So what did I do? Naturally as a citizen of San Antonio, Texas I went to my neighborhood H E B.


Pictured above is what I thought the woman from the party was talking about but I was like no this a crystalized form of kitty liter. I couldn't find what the woman from the party was talking about so I just went ahead and bought the crystallized version of kitty liter out of curiousness. My thoughts on it were it would have to smell better than what I already have. It did take away the smell that the regular kitty liter comes with. And another thing that I have noticed about regular kitty liter is that when you are pouring it into the liter box you can see the dust from the kitty liter rising from the kitty liter you have put into the liter box. That wasn't the case with fresh step crystals. What I didn't like about this particular cat liter is that when the cat's would urinate it would make a yellow spot or even sometimes these greenish spot's just because there were some blue crystals in there sometimes it was like a greenish yellowish spot. I was still living in that studio apartment at the time. When I would have guest's over though I would usually put the liter box or the liter boxes outside, and I would light a candle. It would make everything smell a lot better.

When I first got Tiger Alex, the guy that I got Tiger from who was my business partner at the time gave me a lot of kitty liter so I had enough to get me started and this was in 2021. When I tried the crystalized form of cat liter that was 2022 and at that time I was curious enough to try something different or other things that people were telling me. However seeing as how I am just now writing about this and trying the wood chips version of cat liter that gives you a pretty good idea of just how much kitty liter I actually had. 

So when I actually found the wood chips version of kitty liter I was in another pet store that was kind of like pet smart. I was actually very impressed with the store, then I was actually in pet smart I believe a few weeks later and I found something that if not was another brand of the wood chip cat liter product it looked like it was pretty close. I will be doing a review of that one very soon.


So the very first wood chip cat liter I used is what is pictured above. I got this at the Pet Barn this is another pet store that I am very impressed with. When I tried the cat liter out I was impressed just pouring the contents into the liter box. I didn't see any dust rising from the product like you do with most cat liter and I didn't smell that weird smell that you smell with most cat liter. So right then and there that was already a good sign with me. Sometimes I do think that it might be the cat liter that makes people think that cat's stink or that makes people think that cat feces stinks. Any kind of feces stinks but from my experience as far as animal feces it is cat feces that smells the worst. Sometimes I think that is discourages people from owning cats because the smell from the feces or even the cat liter can stink up your house. This product gives me hope that more people will become cat owners because there are ways around dealing with the smell of your typical cat liter the kind that everyone knows about that everyone use to buy because that was all that there was at that time. For every new person wanting to become a cat owner that is one more cat or kitten being kept out of the animal shelters, and that is one less animal that animal shelter employee's have to put down.


My cat's were quite curious about what I was putting in their liter box. They knew it was different I can tell you that. One of them was very eager to try it out. Once one of my cat's tried it out so did another one. The day that I did bring the new cat liter home and put it in the liter box I still had two other liter boxes in the apartment with the regular cat liter, and I think a few of the cat's used the two that had the regular cat liter in it just because it was what they were use to. This wood chip cat liter is defiantly a product I will be using again. 

Comments

Popular Posts