How I ended up with two kittens

 



So Alex's mother wanted to borrow Tiger so that he could get rid of some rat's for her in her house. So yes Tiger was Alex's cat, but Tiger had been living with me longer than six months. I have heard that if someone ask's to leave something at your place of residence for longer than six months then it is your's. I have heard that in some places the time frame is actually shorter than that. I didn't think anything about it because really I thought that the whole reason Alex gave tiger to me was to just get rid of him. Alex was actually suppossed to take Tiger home with him the weekend before he did but he was in a hurry. When Alex got back into town he was telling me how dissapointed his parents were that he didn't bring Tiger.

That next weekend Alex's mother and two brothers came into town to stay for a week. Mostly this was a trip to tend to see Alex, tend to business, and look in on Alex's grandmother. I am sure they also visited with friends and acquaintances they haven't seen in awhile as well. Alex's family lived in one of the mountain states and at the end of the week they were going back there. This time Alex went with them and he brought Tiger. I didn't object because I needed some time to get my apartment back in order. 

They ended up keeping Tiger, I don't know how I felt about that. I did get attached to him and yes I did want him back but Tiger had babies and I think Alex picked the two cutest kittens from the litter, a boy kitten and a girl kitten and he had them sent to me from the mountain state where his parents were living and where he was visiting at the time. I remember just being very excited about getting the kittens. It took three days for me to get them, and they were being dropped off at Alex's aunt and uncle's house. This house is in one of those really nice gated communities. A lot of the houses have that cookie cutter look, but there are some that seem to have their own look. what I like about that neighborhood is that yes it's a new subdivision but not all of the houses look the same, and some of those houses are just ridiculously big.

When I got to the house I actually passed it the gps was telling me so I circled around back to the house that the gps was telling me I needed to be at. The door was already open. I figured they must have seen my car and knew what kind of car I drove I got out and walked up the walkway and the wife of Alex's uncle appeared in the doorway. I greeted her and told her who I was. Hi she said back with a smile. She explained to me there was one more thing she needed to get. The kittens were in a carrier in the floor. I was in awe! I was thinking they are so cute! And they are mine. When Alex's uncle's wife reappeared in the doorway she had a bag of food and cat liter I took those to the car and she followed with the carrier containing the kittens and a paper in her hand which she informed me was a paper that told me they had been vaccinated. I took both of the items from her as she handed them to me and I thanked her. I placed the kittens in the car and got in and drove off in the direction of the exit and to my apartment.

Once I got to the apartment and was inside I opened the carrier. the black and white kitten was the kitten that got out first and started exploring. Alex texted asking how the kittens are doing. I replied that they are fine and that they are so cute. I also texted Tony about the kittens. I was just really excited about the kittens. The Calico cat refused to come out of the carrier and the black and white cat was just exploring his surrounding's. At one point they were meowing back and forth! It was like they were having a conversation it was cute. I left the kittens to explore the apartment because I wanted to go to this event. I made it to the front door of the event when my phone rang. I answered it and it was Tony. He wanted to know about the kittens I was telling him all about them. I was telling him that Alex sent them to me from the state that his parents were living in where he took Tiger and Tiger breeded with this white female cat and had kittens. I also told Tony that I was keeping the black and white kitten but I was going to ask if I could keep both because I didn't want to separate them they were meowing back and forth it was like they were having a conversation! It was cute!

Needless to say I didn't make it through the front door of that event. I was too into talking about the new kittens and me and Tony talked for awhile. After we hung up I went back to my apartment and played with the kittens and took pictures. Alex called and wanted to know how the kittens were adjusting.  I explained to him that it looked like they were adjusting fine and that the black and white cat got out and explored the minute I opened the carrier, and that the calico just sort of stayed in the carrier, but was finally getting out and exploring. I also explained that the black and white cat let's me play with him. I think he likes you Alex said. I think that is the one you need to keep. Can I keep both of them? I asked. I explained to him what I explained to Tony that I didn't want to separate them because they were meowing back and forth and that it was like they were having a conversation and it was cute. See one of the kittens was supposed to go to me and then one was going to stay at a new store location that Alex just set up. Alex agreed that me keeping both kittens was probably best.


Comments

Popular Posts