When is the best time to get a pet?


 A lot of people will get pet's on their own as adult's at different stages in their lives. What I have seen and liked and really been amazed at is when I see someone of college age getting their first pet when they have begun their journey into adulthood and living in their own. That I would think would be another time in a young persons life where parent's and relatives and maybe even friends would say it is too soon for you to be getting a pet, or I don't think he or she can handle having a pet right now, or you need to concentrate on school right now you don't need any distractions. They probably more than likely get these pets because they are moving out of the dorms or their parents house and trying to establish some independence and stability for the time being so they can finish school and they may or may not be working, and they thing a pet can help them establish that temporary sense of stability for the time being and a lot of times it does. Sometimes I think that time in a person's life is the perfect time to get a pet. However that is not always the case. Like it is with most things or probably everything it just really depends on the person.

My advice for people who are thinking about getting a pet is this. Make sure you are not working crazy hours. Make sure you actually have time for your pet. I say this because at the time that I got a pet I really wasn't planning on getting a pet. It just happened because my business partner needed someone to take care of his cat or at least that is the short version of the story anyway. Well me and my business partner were getting this business started and I still had my main job at the time. The business stuff with my business partner I could mostly do on my phone so everything was working out. Or so that is what someone would think from the outside looking in that is. My main job didn't want to pay. Like most companies and that is probably why we have the shortage of workers that we do right now because these business's don't care about their employee's, they don't want to pay, and another thing that I am finding out and was finding out around the time of 2008 is that job's really are not reliable.

The good thing about the job that I had starting out when I first started keeping my business partners cat is that for the most part I had morning's and nights to spend with the cat. I worked mostly in the afternoons. That is what I liked about the job but I was getting really fed up and irritated with the job because the product we were selling I felt like was out. Don't get me wrong in the previous couple of years prior I made a lot of money selling that product it had it's reign but it was out. My company was really struggling trying to keep me and I wanted out. I wanted to go do solar because all of my friends that I had worked with were doing it and making good money at it. Also the guy that was running the company some of his personal issue's and marital problems were coming to light with some of his employee's and the more I found out about these issues and the more I was around the guy who was running the company the less I liked him. 

It was when he announced that he was taking away the base pay that is when I left the company. However I was finding that I still needed a second job so I did get my solar job and I was very excited about it. However after I completed the training for the job and was getting out into the field that changed real quick. Basically long story short my hours for this solar job were nine to eight, and your probably thinking well you should have known that going in didn't someone explain that to you? Well I was considering the hours and I was thinking yes those are long hours, but it was right after the holidays and I really just needed to get some things paid off and my thinking was I probably won't have to do this long. Well my commute was all the way over on the other side of town that was far so I was having to leave extra early just to get there on time once we were there we would have our morning training meeting then we would all get into a company van and go to the field together. Then once back at the office we would meet with the guy in charge and explain how our day went then it would be very late when I got home. once home I would still have stuff with the business I was doing with my business partner where I had to enter data into a spreadsheet. So needless to say at nine or ten pm when everyone else was tucked away in their bed's I was still working.

I was not real fond of the way they were running things in the office and in the field. They were constantly changing the script or the sales pitch or whatever you want to call it and that was making it hard for memorization, and making it our own. They also seemed very unorganized both in the office and in the company vans and the way they were running the company vans and the way they were running things in the field. That was really showing that first Saturday I was working for the company. By the second week I was already tired of working for the company and I was tired of their ridiculous demands. They wanted results from us right then and their and in sales it doesn't work that way. Not to mention I also felt like I was always in a rush. I remember both that Wednesday morning and that Thursday morning when I was getting ready Tiger (the cat) had already pretty much learned my routine and both mornings as I was heading for the door he was looking at me with these sad eyes because he knew I was leaving and he knew I wasn't going to be home till late. I believe it was also that Wednesday where the demands from both jobs were getting to me and because of the traffic and because the commute was so far that Wednesday I missed an exit causing me to be late and that Thursday I was just late. I believe I did make it on time that Friday but that Friday when we got back to the office that night I was fired.

What I thought was funny about that is it looked like they thought I was going to be upset about getting fired or maybe they expected me to be upset. I don't know it was just what I was picking up on. The thing about that that's funny is I wasn't upset about it at all. I had another job plus I came to them with a degree and most of their employee's didn't and still don't even have that, and really with the way things were going with that solar job I was going to try to stick it out either one more week or two more weeks and then I was going to leave anyway. Really they did me favor. My point to this post is I know that because of the way the world is right now with us all still kind of in the aftermath of covid 19 we probably aren't as on track as we maybe would like to be or as on track as maybe we were in the past, but it really helps to have things stable and on track if you have a pet or if your planning to get a pet.


Comments

Popular Posts