Don't trust just anyone with your animals


So I was trying to find a day that I could use to get all of my post's posted on this site. I thought that Sunday would actually be a perfect day for that. Really before I came to that conclusion I had a day during the week that I thought would be good for writing and posting. As certain things came up I wasn't real sure that day during the week was going to work. I was thinking at that time I would just play it by ear. Before I started thinking about that I was pretty much writing and posting not as often as I had thought but often. However I knew that wasn't going to last forever. I knew I really just needed to pick a day for writing and posting. I was pretty sure that day was going to be Sunday, but it came to me attention this past week that I was going to have to make a business decision.

However what I wanted to talk to you about today really isn't a long those lines but it involved a guy who had a cat and he let a friend of his keep the cat and well let's just say the guy that was keeping the cat as a loaner did something that I don't think a lot of pet owners would approve of.

So the story goes like this a guy who is living in the same city as me who was friends with this same individual that I was friends with. Let's call the guy who was living in the same city as me and friends with the same person that I was friends with Dan. Well Dan would come over and hand out a lot with me and this friend of mine who had the cat. That is how I knew Dan. Well a few months after I first met Dan he got news that there was a death in the family. Dan was from overseas so this was hard on Dan because he didn't have the money to get back to his home country to pay his respects. Dan was very sad and he was taking this recent death in the family very hard. Dan would tell our mutual friend as well as another friend in our circle of friends that he would go to one of the local grocery store's and watch the people. When our mutual friend and the other friend told me this I said, that is really sad. 

I was told that one of the things that Dan said to our mutual friend and the other guy in our circle of friends was, "I need a pet." The guy that me and Dan were mutual friends with was thinking that if he let Dan keep his cat for a little while that it would cheer him up. He even thought that maybe this could be a permanent arrangement. The friend that both me and Dan were mutual friends with was thinking that he really wasn't living in the type of living arrangement that was really suitable for a pet. He was also another one of our friends in our circle of friends that had allergies. His allergies were also very much becoming more and more obvious the more he had the cat.



The friend with the cat that was a mutual friend of me and Dan pitched the idea first to the other guy that was in our circle of friends, and he said that he thought that was a great idea. The guy that is on our circle of friends that I keep calling the guy that is in our circle of friends or was in our circle of friends, let's call him Tom. He pitched the idea to me. I didn't think that was a very good idea. I didn't know the guy very well. He just sort of hung out with us or hung out with our circle of friends. I really wasn't sure if I liked him or not. There was even a situation a little bit prior to this situation of David taking the loss of a family member hard where him and the guy with the cat. Let's call the guy with the cat Abraham. There was a time when Dan and Abraham weren't speaking. It didn't last long but it wasn't only that. Just meeting the guy I wasn't sure he was someone that could really take care of himself very well much less a pet. Abraham also told me about some of the wemon that Dan had dated and how those relationships actually went. It didn't sound like they went all that well. Dan also was a whiner. All of these things put together just made me think this is a bad idea. Anyway I told Tom I didn't think that was a good idea and I told him my reasoning behind it and even brought up that it wasn't a good idea because Dan and Abraham had recently had a disagreement. 


Tom agreed with everything I said, and Abraham agreed with everything I said too when we talked the next day. However a week later I found out that Abraham took his cat to Dan. I found out that very next Day Dan lost Abraham's cat. Dan would put food out on the balcony for the cat and the cat would come back to eat but then he would be gone again. Abraham's relatives were very upset with him for giving the cat to someone so irresponsible. A couple of times me and another friend of ours in our circle of friends went to look for the cat at Dan's apartment complex.

The second time we went to look for the cat at Dan's apartment complex it was about month two of the cat being missing or in the wild. We were informed that there was a brushy area over by the playground area of the complex where there were a lot of cat's. We never found that area but when we were talking to Dan from his balcony on the second story I could see why I thought Abraham giving him his cat was such a bad idea. The place had no order in the way it was arranged at all. There was no order at all from what we could see. Later that day we were informed that Dan actually brought the cat back to Abraham in a box. However when Abraham brought the cat home he found out he was going to have to train that cat all over again.

The cat was wild from being in the wild for two months. His meow at times was a growling high pitched yelping meow. Dan and Abrahams friendship was never the same after that. My point to this story is we call them our fur babies. Act like it. Don't leave them with people your unsure about. Don't leave them with people who have this I don't care attitude. Don't leave them with people who whine about everything. Those are the problem people and if they have a problem with everything else, trust me leaving your pet with them is going to be a problem. If you just have to leave your pet with someone leave them with people who are trustworthy.

Comments

Popular Posts