How I became a cat daddy!


 I have always been an animal lover, all my life. As a kid I always had pets, as an adult that was a different story. However one of my roommates in college had pets, and that is what made me want pets again, but it never seemed like the right time to get a pet. Even after graduation. I also never seemed to have enough space  in my apartments, so my thoughts were I need to get a bigger place like a townhouse or something. There was also the excuse of, I'm always working. I am also someone who likes to have a little bit of order in my living space, it doesn't have to necessarily be a lot of order but some. My thoughts on this were pets don't really do well with order. In fact pets can kind of make a mess or it's been known to happen. Even with all of these things considered it was always in the back of my mind to get a pet. I also knew what I wanted, but what I wanted was not what I ended up with. I wanted a miniature apple head chihuahua. My thoughts were I would get a regular one and then a long haired one the following year. Money was always another excuse I would use for my reasons not to get pet, a long with all of the other excuse's people use to not get a pet. 

When the quarantine hit me and a friend of mine started a business with this other guy that my friend (business partner knew). We were all on a zoom call one night discussing our next strategies with the business and what each person was going to do that next week for this company that we were starting. The guy that my friend knew, we'll call him Alex. During the Zoom call Alex pointed the phone camera down to the ground where his new kitten was playing in the floor with a toy. He was telling us his name is Tiger and just kind of going on about how he got him. The kitten was cute! He was this cute little grey and white tiger striped kitten. I even commented saying "awe he's cute!" Alex was holding the kitten throughout the rest of the zoom call.

About four weeks later we were on another zoom call, and it was a Sunday night. We were discussing the next steps in the company. In the Middle of the meeting Alex (they guy that my business partner knew that was going into business with us), announced that he needed someone to take the cat for a week. Everything got silent for a minute and my business partner, we'll call him Tony, spoke up and said "Kyle can take him" with kind of a grin in his voice. "Is that ok with you Kyle?" Alex asked. I asked if this was the grey and white tiger striped kitten, and Alex said yes. When Alex said that he needed someone to take care of his cat for a week I kind of wanted to volunteer, but I was also thinking about all of those things I was using as excuses. I just said, "yes that's fine!" I was kind of excited about it, but I am not sure if I thought he was serious or not. I thought oh well it's only a week. Really I just kind of forgot it, and little did I know of what I was in for.

So like I said I just kind of forgot about it and the next day I was up early to hit the gym. I was almost done with my workout and looked down at my phone. I had a message from Alex that read. Kyle I have the cat ready can I meet you somewhere. I finished my workout then replied. Yes you can meet me at my apartment. I explained that I was at the gym and would be there shortly. While showering I was thinking ok wow he was serious. I got dressed for the day and was thinking ok this is just a kitten no big deal, plus it's only going to be a week that I am keeping this kitten for.

I met Alex at my apartment, we went in and let the cat out of his carrying case. He immediately darted underneath the bed superfast and that would be his hiding place for at least a couple of hours. He did eventually warm up to me.

So two weeks passed  and I still had the cat so I texted Alex saying, I thought I was supposed to have the cat for one week it's been two. He replied saying; ok I'm sorry I will come get him. We talked about it and worked out a time for him to come over the next day to get the cat.

One week went by and I got another text from Alex, it read, Kyle I am allergic to the cat what can you do about Tiger? I replied saying; oh I guess I can take him. Secretly I actually missed the cat, but that is how I got to be a cat dad.


Comments

Popular Posts